Subjects for admission exams: physics and mathematics
Duration of training:
- 3 or 4 years on the basis of secondary education,
- 2 years on the basis of technical and vocational education,
- 1-1,5 years on the basis of higher education
Brief information about the EP
The educational program 6В07202 - "Geophysical methods of prospecting and exploration of oil and gas fields" is aimed at training highly qualified specialists in geophysicists - oilmen who know geology, geological and geophysical methods of prospecting and exploration for oil and gas accumulations, geological processes of formation and accumulation of hydrocarbons in the earth's crust, methods rock research, geophysical methods of well research, interpretation of geophysical research, methods for constructing structural maps, geological profiles and sections, technologies for drilling oil and gas wells on land and at sea, development and operation of oil and gas fields, having fundamental training in general education, basic and specialized disciplines, which provide the trainee with an opportunity for further independent improvement of the level of training.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will:
- carry out activities for the design and conduct of field, laboratory and computational geophysical work related to the study of the structure of the earth's crust, prospecting and exploration of mineral deposits, solving specific geological problems;
- to develop normative methodological documents, proposals and activities in the field of geophysical work;
- analyze the received field and laboratory geophysical information, generalize and systematize the results of the work performed, using modern computing technology;
- draw up scientific and technical reports, explanatory notes, maps, diagrams and other established reporting in accordance with approved forms;
- monitor compliance with the established requirements, applicable rules, regulations and standards;
- to participate in research on the development of geophysical programs and projects, geophysical apparatus and equipment, in the preparation of reviews and conclusions on geophysical work;
- participate in the examination of scientific works, in the work of seminars, scientific and technical conferences, in the preparation of publications, in drawing up applications for inventions and discoveries;
- evaluate the key processes taking place in international economic relations and be able to regulate foreign economic relations, to show the qualities of an entrepreneur's personality in the international environment;
- analyze the state of the oil and gas economy, budgeting systems, be able to find effective ways to organize the oil and gas business and is able to develop strategies for the development of the company;
- describe the peculiarities of the development of the oil and gas business, master the skills of developing in-house planning, innovation, analyze the environmental state of companies and propose an effective development option;
- analyze and use regulatory documents, be able to implement sound proposals and recommendations to improve the company's activities.
The areas of professional activity of the graduate in the educational program 6В07202 - "Geophysical methods of prospecting and exploration of oil and gas fields" are the sphere of activities for the design and conduct of field, laboratory and computational geophysical work related to the study of the structure of the earth's crust, prospecting and exploration of mineral deposits, solving specific geological tasks, geological services for prospecting and exploration works and in general subsoil use, teaching activities in geophysics.