Subjects in which exams are taken for admission: English, special disciplines
Duration of training:
- 1,5 years on the basis of higher education (profile direction);
- 2 years on the basis of higher education (scientific and pedagogical direction),
Brief information about the EP
Educational program 7М07201 "Geology and exploration of oil and gas fields" is aimed at training qualified specialists - masters in geology, geochemistry and geophysics; design and implementation of all types of production and research work for geological maintenance of oil and gas fields; conducting scientific research in separate sections (stages, tasks) of the topic together with the supervisor; complex experiments and observations during field expeditions and business trips; to carry out processing and analysis of geophysical results. geological and geochemical experiments and research; drawing up summary reports and recommendations based on the results of scientific research.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will:
- have a good understanding in the field of oil and gas geology, geochemistry and geophysics and modern IT technologies for solving geological problems, to identify zones of oil and gas accumulation and oil and gas formation in the earth's crust, is able to organize a complex of geological, geophysical and geochemical studies within the study area;
- be able to study and analyze geological processes that contribute to the generation and accumulation of hydrocarbons, possession of theoretical knowledge in the field of prospecting and exploration of oil and gas accumulations, the ability to identify promising oil and gas areas and areas within the study area;
- possess fundamental knowledge in the field of geochemistry and geophysics, using modern digital technologies to identify zones of high permeability, to determine the predicted composition of hydrocarbon accumulations; highlight areas or structures that are promising in terms of oil and gas content of the subsoil; link geochemical anomalies with geophysical conditions;
- know the patterns of formation of hydrocarbon deposits in the shelf zone; the structure of the main tectonic elements of the sea and ocean floor; hydrocarbon resources, assessment of hydrocarbon reserves of the shelf zone of the World Ocean, conditions for the formation of hydrocarbons in the shelf zone; methods of studying and the possibility of industrial development of hydrocarbons within the shelf zone of the oceans;
- - carry out a quantitative forecast of the oil and gas content of territories and determine the optimal direction of prospecting work; identification of new, possibly oil and gas, complexes and oil and gas accumulation zones in developed oil and gas areas; discovery, appraisal and preparation for the development of oil and gas fields and deposits; identification of new deposits within the developed oil and gas fields.
- be able to use the achievements of science and technology, advanced domestic and foreign experience in the field of geological knowledge, corresponding to the chosen direction of training;
- be able to implement rational methods of searching for scientific and technical information, patent search;
- be able to use modern methods of researching natural resources using modern instruments and equipment;
- know the current state of the resource base of mineral raw materials; tasks facing the geological service of the country in the implementation of the latest scientific solutions and technologies;
- know information technologies for geological and mathematical modeling of subsoil use objects and algorithms for evaluating these objects in the dynamics of their identification, study and development;
- know the conjuncture of mineral raw materials; modern methods for assessing the quality of geological exploration information; methodology and methodology for assessing the state of the internal and external markets for geological exploration information;
- assess the key processes taking place in the international geological community; be able to regulate economic ties, show the professional qualities of a person in the international geological environment;
- collect, process, analyze and summarize scientific and technical information, advanced domestic and foreign experience in the field of geology, engineering and technology of prospecting and exploration of oil and gas fields;
- take part in fundamental and applied research on the creation of new advanced technologies for prospecting and exploration of hydrocarbon accumulations, compile reports on the topic or its section; participate in the implementation of research results;
- analyze the theoretical provisions of the concept of natural systems of various levels; to predict the state and management of natural and technical systems, ensuring their optimal ecological functioning; develop recommendations for the rational use of the geological environment;
- have knowledge and skills in the field of management of geological exploration production, including risks, leadership, time management and the ability to make the right decision, be able to work effectively in a team;
- demonstrate knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship and be able to create a business, analyze problems and be able to formulate a business idea, draw up business plans for a company;
- analyze the state of the oil and gas economy, be able to find effective ways to organize an oil and gas business and be able to develop a strategic plan for the development of an exploration company;
- analyze and use regulatory documents, be able to implement sound proposals and recommendations to improve the company's activities.
A graduate of the educational program 7M07201 "Geology and Exploration of Oil and Gas Fields" can work as a research engineer, junior researcher in the field of geology, geochemistry, hydrogeology, engineering geology, geophysics, as well as an engineer in the positions of mining engineers - geologist, geophysicist , hydrogeologist, geochemist in accordance with the profiling received, is ready for organizational activities related to the preparation of field geological expeditions, as well as for teaching activities in the positions of an assistant; teacher-trainee at a university, colleges, in the system of special education in the prescribed manner.