Subjects for admission exams: mathematics and physics
Duration of training:
- 3 or 4 years on the basis of secondary education,
- 2 years on the basis of technical and vocational education,
- 1-1.5 years on the basis of higher education
Brief information about the EP
Educational program 6В07201 "Geology and exploration of oil and gas fields" is aimed at training highly qualified bachelors in the field of petroleum geology with knowledge of geological and geophysical methods of prospecting and exploration of oil and gas accumulations, methods of researching rocks, interpretation of geophysical research, demanded by modern geological and oil-producing enterprises and market structures capable of solving the problems of economic development, able to design geological and geophysical studies, to form long-term plans for the oil and gas content of the subsoil, contributing to the development of the country's economy.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will:
- have a good understanding in the field of oil and gas geology and the oil business, knowledge of modern IT technologies for solving geological problems, identify oil and gas promising zones and regions, build strategic plans for the development of oil exploration, capable of organizing geological exploration in a promising region;
- be able to study and analyze geological processes and phenomena that contribute to the formation and accumulation of hydrocarbons in the section of the earth's crust of a certain area, possession of applied geological knowledge and methods of constructing structural maps, geological profiles and sections; paleotectonic reconstruction of the geological past of the studied area;
- have the knowledge of technology for drilling oil and gas wells on land and at sea, development and operation of oil and gas fields, the ability;
- have fundamental training in general education, basic and specialized disciplines, which provide the student with the opportunity for further independent improvement of the level of training;
- possess knowledge, using modern digital technologies, be able to navigate in economic calculations and are able to determine the effectiveness of geological prospecting;
- be able to implement non-standard ideas for solving geological prospecting problems in a promising area with minimal costs in the oil and gas market;
- have knowledge and skills in management, including risks, leadership, time management and are able to make management decisions, be able to work effectively in a team;
- evaluate the key processes taking place in the international oil and gas market and be able to regulate foreign economic relations, show the qualities of professionalism and leadership in the international geological environment;
- have an idea of the methods of management of geological exploration production, is able to master the aspects of statistical accounting, insurance business in the oil and gas industry and business;
- demonstrate knowledge in the oil and gas sector and the ability to create an oil and gas business, analyze problems and be able to formulate a business idea, draw up business plans for an oil company;
- analyze the state of the oil and gas industry, be able to find effective ways of organizing geological exploration in the oil and gas business and the ability to develop strategic plans for the development of the company;
- have the skills to develop a long-term plan for the development of geological prospecting in the oil and gas business, when planning innovative technologies, analyze the ecological state of the prospective exploration area in which the company conducts geological work and provide for effective measures to protect the subsoil, nature and the environment;
- analyze and use regulatory documents, be able to implement sound proposals and recommendations to improve the company's activities.
A graduate of the educational program 6В07201 "Geology and exploration of oil and gas deposits" can work as a geological technician, geological engineer, engineer-designer when drawing up a plan for exploration work in an oil and gas promising province or basin or sections of scientific and technical reports, reviews, explanatory notes to large the report of the Ministry of Geology; a specialist in carrying out field geological observations and measurements using modern technical means; when collecting and processing field data in the generalization of stock geological, geophysical, geochemical, hydrogeological reports; interpretation of geological and geophysical data using modern information technologies; a specialist in drawing up maps, diagrams, sections, tables, graphs, etc.