Subjects for which exams are taken for admission: disciplines for a compulsory component
Duration of training:
- 1,5 or 2 years (profile or scientific and pedagogical direction)
Brief information of the EP
Educational program 7M07202 "Oil Engineering" is one of the most popular and relevant. The program trains leaders in the oil and gas industry in the areas of innovation, inventiveness, mining, exploration and other activities. Training under this program is aimed at practical and research activities in solving urgent problems in the oil and gas industry.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will:
- ability: to independently improve and develop their intellectual and general cultural level; understand the role of philosophy in modern processes of the development of science, analyze the main trends in the development of philosophy and science; assess, on the basis of legal, social and ethical standards, the consequences of their professional activities in the development and implementation of socially significant projects; use a foreign language to study foreign experience in the mainstream and related fields of science and technology, as well as for business professional communication;
- analyze and summarize experimental data on the operation of technological equipment; improve the operation methods and equipment maintenance technologies; possess complex methods for exercising control over the process of exploitation of fields of different hydrocarbon composition; apply a wide range of skills, including collecting production data, planning and implementing field control programs;
- analyze and summarize experimental data on the operation of equipment for oil and gas production;
- to formulate and solve problems arising in the course of research and practical activities, to use in practice knowledge, skills and abilities in the organization of research, design and construction work, to develop scientific and technical, project and service documentation, to issue scientific and technical reports, reviews, publications based on the results of completed research;
- analyze and summarize experimental data on the operation of technological equipment, improve operating methods and equipment maintenance technologies, apply innovative methods to solve production problems, design and develop new innovative technological processes and equipment for oil and gas production and oil and gas transportation, manage a complex technological process of developing an oil and gas field as independently and as a head of the work collective.
A graduate of the educational program 7M07202 "Petroleum Engineering" can work in the following positions:
- Supervisor (foreman) for oil and gas production at oil fields;
- Supervisor (foreman, section manager) of the reservoir pressure maintenance workshop;
- Supervisor (installation foreman) of the oil preparation and pumping shop;
- Oil and gas well drilling and workover engineer;
- Engineer for the development of oil and gas fields;
- Oil pumping station engineer;
- Engineer for the repair and maintenance of oil and gas trunk pipelines;
- Technician, engineer, specialist of design bureau of oil and gas enterprises;
- Researchers of the Research Institute of Oil and Gas Profile.