The Department of Youth Policy and Culture of the Atyrau Oil and Gas University (hereinafter referred to as the Department) is a structural unit of the university that implements the state youth policy within the powers granted to it.
The department was established with the aim of creating conditions for the formation of professional and social competence, active citizenship of students, the upbringing of positive personal qualities of future engineers who are capable of making a significant contribution to the development and strengthening of the country in the new socio-economic conditions of the country's development.
The main goal of the department of youth policy and culture is to create conditions for the formation of professional and social competence, an active civic position of students, the upbringing of positive personal qualities of future engineers who are able to make a significant contribution to the development and strengthening of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the new socio-economic conditions of the country's development.
The main tasks are planning and organizing educational work at the university in accordance with the approved plan of educational work; coordination of educational work of departments; assistance to students in the creation and organization of Student Councils of self-government at the level of the university, faculties, student hostel.
As part of the implementation of the goals and objectives, guided by general regulatory documents, the Department implements the following main functions:
- development of target programs, long-term plans of the department and control over their implementation.
- organization and implementation of events in the main areas of state youth policy and culture at the university.
- improvement of the management system by generalizing and disseminating the positive experience of other universities, individual departments in organizing and conducting student events. Development of teaching materials aimed at improving the effectiveness of educational work.
- organization and holding of seminars, conferences, "round tables" on the problems of educational policy of the university, participation in forums, congresses, symposia and other events dedicated to the discussion and solution of youth problems.
- preparation and publication of information bulletins, teaching materials, collections, reference books and other materials on the main directions of the educational policy of the university.
- creation of a cultural, developmental and educational environment for creative self-development and self-realization of the individual, improving conditions for the development of students' spirituality.