Residence rules in student residences
1. General Provisions
1.1 These Rules of residence in student dormitories of Atyrau Oil and Gas University are a normative act, the implementation of which is mandatory for all residents of the student hostel.
1.2 Accommodation of nonresident students is made upon application signed by the supervising vice-rector, the dean of the faculty and the commandant of the hostel.
1.3 Dormitory space for all students in need is not guaranteed. Places in student dormitories are provided in the following order:
- students without parental care;
- students with disabilities;
- students enrolled in the "Serpin" program;
- nonresident and foreign students - holders of a state educational grant.
After the settlement of students belonging to categories 1) -4), subject to the availability of free places, places in the student dormitory are provided to students studying on a paid basis in the following order:
- nonresident and foreign students from low-income families;
- for nonresident and foreign first-year students who do not belong to categories 1) -5).
1.4. Nonresident applicants and their legal representatives cannot be temporarily accommodated in student hostels.
1.5 Check-in at the student dormitory begins on 25 August.
1.6 When moving into a hostel between the student and the AOGU, a contract in 2 copies is concluded.
1.7 The student is obliged to present to the commandant of the hostel an application for providing a place in the hostel, the contract, an identity card, a medical certificate, a receipt for payment, a 3x4 photo.
1.8 A person moving into a hostel must study these Rules, undergo a safety briefing conducted by an AOGU safety engineer, and sign in the Register of persons who are familiar with the Rules of Residence in Student Dormitories and the Safety Rules.
2. Rights and obligations of residents of the hostel
2.1 Residents in the hostel have the right:
- to use the premises of educational, cultural, household and sports and recreational purposes, equipment and inventory of the hostel;
- elect and be elected to the self-governing bodies of the hostel, take part in their work;
- to participate through the Student Council of the self-government in resolving issues of improving housing and household provision, organizing leisure activities, decorating and equipping living quarters, rest rooms and independent work of students.
2.2 Residents of the hostel are obliged to:
- before moving in, present a receipt for payment for accommodation for one semester, make duplicate keys to the room, and then return a spare set of keys to the commandant of the hostel within two days;
- make payment for accommodation twice a year, before the start of the academic semester, with the provision of receipts for payment to the commandant of the hostel and to the dean's offices of faculties (copies);
- comply with the Charter, the Regulations on the Student Dormitory, these Rules, other local acts of AOGU, Safety Rules, the Residential Rental Agreement;
- comply with the requirements of the legislation on the migration of citizens, the rules for registering citizens at the place of temporary stay and permanent residence;
- take good care of the premises, equipment and inventory of the hostel, bear material responsibility for the property transferred to him for personal use in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- reimburse the cost of lost or damaged inventory and equipment, compensate for other damage caused to AOGU;
- participate in the implementation of cosmetic repairs of living quarters and common areas on their own and at their own expense;
- at the end of the school year, hand over the living room in safety to the commandant of the hostel (walls, doors, locks, furniture must be repaired by residents in case of breakdown);
- admit an AOGU representative into the living quarters to inspect the technical condition of the living quarters, sanitary and other equipment located in it, as well as to perform the necessary work;
- upon detection of malfunctions of the living quarters, equipment or communications located in it, immediately take possible measures to eliminate them and inform the dormitory commandant about them;
- maintain the proper sanitary condition of the living quarters, carry out wet cleaning in living quarters and common areas, office premises and in living rooms according to the established schedule. Cleaning schedules are drawn up by the headmen of the floors with the chairman of the Student Council of the self-government and agreed with the commandant of the hostel;
- comply with sanitary rules and regulations, including changing bed linen (duvet cover, sheets, pillowcase) as it gets dirty, but at least once a week; observe the rules of personal hygiene;
- use energy and water sparingly;
- strictly follow the instructions for use of approved household electrical appliances;
- arrive at the hostel no later than 23-00;
- keep quiet in the hostel from 23.00 to 7.00;
- to fulfill the instructions of the floor leaders, the Student Council of the self-government and the commandant of the student dormitory, who have the right to submit a petition for eviction for violation of the Rules of Residence;
- attend meetings held in the hostel;
- daily view information on the bulletin board;
- in accordance with the Agreement on the lease of living quarters upon eviction (including for the vacation period) to hand over rooms and all bedding belonging to them.
2.3 While living in the hostel it is prohibited to:
- give your pass to strangers and leave them for the night in the hostel;
- drink alcoholic beverages, appear in a hostel in a state of alcoholic, drug or other toxic intoxication;
- use, store, distribute narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances;
- smoke in residential areas and common areas (including hookah);
- bring alcoholic drinks to the hostel;
- bring into the territory, store, use in residential premises and on the territory of the hostel, weapons, including pneumatic, traumatic and cold weapons;
- hold meetings of a religious nature, events prohibited by the Law "On freedom of religion and religious associations";
- arbitrarily move in and move from one room to another;
- arbitrarily transfer inventory from one room to another;
- make alterations and correction of electrical wiring;
- install additional electric heaters in living rooms and common areas;
- turn on radios, tape recorders, mobile phones, televisions at a volume that exceeds audibility within the room;
- arbitrarily insert into the doors of living rooms or replace the locks on the doors;
- arbitrarily dismantle furniture and erect partitions;
- keep animals in student hostels;
- organize dances, discos and other public events without permission;
- leave garbage in rooms, in common areas;
- throw garbage and other objects out of windows, pour water out of windows, shake off dust from carpets and blankets through windows; store food outside the windows;
- go to the roof, go up to the attic, stand and sit on the windowsills;
- to use at night from 00.00 to 06.00 utility rooms for cooking;
- use shower rooms at night from 01.00 to 6.00 (drying time);
- bring guests to the hostel from 22.00 to 16.00;
- come to the hostel later than 23.00 hours.
3. Responsibility for violation of these Rules
3.1 For violation of these Rules, measures of public, administrative pressure may be applied to those living in the manner established by AUNG, disciplinary and other types of penalties may be imposed in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and AUNG regulations.
3.2 For violation by residents of these Rules, the following disciplinary sanctions are applied to them: reprimand, eviction from the hostel with termination of the concluded Agreement.
3.3 A disciplinary penalty is applied directly upon detection of a misconduct, but no later than a week from the date of its detection (not counting the time of illness or the student was on vacation).
4. Grounds for eviction from the hostel
4.1 Residents can be evicted from the AOGU hostel in the following cases:
- use of the living space for other purposes;
- destruction or damage to living quarters and equipment by residents or other citizens for whose actions they are responsible (damage to windows, doors, walls, floors, ceilings, locks, sockets, electrical wiring, electric stoves, refrigerators, washing machines, water taps, batteries, mosquito nets and etc.);
- refusal of residents to register at the place of stay;
- violation of contractual obligations to pay for accommodation;
- the absence of residents in the hostel without a written warning from the commandant of the hostel for more than two months;
- appearance in the hostel in a state of alcoholic or drug intoxication, systematic smoking in rooms, corridors and other premises of the hostel, as well as in the adjacent territory;
- use, storage, distribution of narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances;
- storage by residents of the hostel of explosive, chemically hazardous substances, firearms, traumatic, cold weapons;
- violation by residents of the rights and legitimate interests of neighbors, which makes it impossible to live together;
- one-time gross (or systematic) violation of the Charter, the Internal Regulations, the Rules of Residence in AOGU Student Dormitories, other AOGU normative acts, the terms of the Agreement for the Lease of Residential Premises in Dormitories;
- expulsion of students from AUNG before the end of the training period due to violation of these Rules, the Charter and Internal Regulations;
- by personal application of residents;
- when a student is expelled from AOGU at the end of the training period;
- in other cases, stipulated by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and AOGU regulations.
4.2 A student evicted for gross violation of the AUNG dormitory rules is deprived of the possibility of re-settling in the dormitory.
4.3 Students who have not handed over a room in good safety to the commandant at the end of the school year are deprived of the opportunity to re-settle in the hostel.
4.4 Eviction from the AOGU hostel as a disciplinary measure is formalized by the order of the rector.
4.5 The eviction of residents from the AOGU hostel is made within three days from the date of publication of the order.