On September 1, 2011, the department "Careers, practice and employment of graduates" was introduced into the structure of the Atyrau Oil and Gas University.
Direction of activity of the department "Careers, practice and employment of graduates":
- Interaction with enterprises and organizations of the region, regional administration of employment of the population, in order to obtain information from them about the current and future need for specialists, graduates of universities;
- Carrying out work on collecting information on vacancies for students and graduates of AOGU and creating a database of vacancies;
- Organization of meetings of senior and graduate students with employers and excursions to the largest enterprises of the city;
- Organization of all types of industrial practice and internships for students;
- Providing information on the availability of temporary jobs for students of 1-4 courses in their free time;
- Drawing up and approval of schedules for passing professional internships;
- Compilation and approval of a list of practice bases;
- Updating the database of AOGU alumni;
- Carrying out work to collect information about the employment of graduates at the place of professional practice;
- Drawing up documentation on contracts (Memo, schedule of students for professional practice, signing contracts, scattering and collecting contracts);
- Entering information about the employment of graduates in the database "Graduate" for the department of employment and social programs of the city of Atyrau and the department for coordination of employment and social programs of the Atyrau region;
- Holding the annual traditional event "AOGU Alumni Fair";
- Organization of meetings with potential employers, creating conditions for them to hold presentations, seminars, conferences, organizing a fair of vacancies;
- Providing information and advisory support to students in building a successful career, professional growth and development;
The annual April employment fairs "Graduate - AOGU" have become traditional, in which representatives from different companies participate;
Companies interested in young specialists send proposals to the university for cooperation and employment of graduates.
Representatives of industrial enterprises, organizations and other consumers conduct interviews, selecting candidates for employees from among the University graduates.