Internal rules of the student
INTERNAL ORDER OF STUDENTS OF ATYRAU OIL AND GAS UNIVERSITY
The purpose of these Rules is to fulfill the requirements of the Atyrau Oil and Gas University (hereinafter referred to as the University), the requirements of the Charter of the University and their observance of public order on the territory of the university.
The rules come into force from the date of their approval and until their cancellation by the Rector of the University.
- APPLICATION AREA
The rules apply to all students at the University: students, undergraduates, students of all courses and forms of study.
The scope of these Rules is the behavior of students during their studies at the University and on the territory of the Institute.
- Acquaintance of STUDENTS with THE RULES
Dissemination of the Rules among students occurs by posting the text of the Rules on the University website for students to familiarize themselves with them.
After getting acquainted with the Rules of the student when submitting documents for admission to the University or further stored in the personal student, the University must write a statement about his studies with the Rules and their observance.
Students - students of daytime, evening and part-time (distance) forms of education, undergraduates, as well as students of all courses, including advanced training and retraining of personnel.
Administration - rector, vice-rectors, deans, a list of structural divisions performing administrative functions.
- THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE STUDENTS
The student has the right:
- Receive higher professional education in accordance with state educational standards, additional professional education in programs of various training;
- Receive special information about the organization of the educational process at the university: programs, curricula and schedule, class schedules, etc.
- Attend all training sessions at the University provided for by their educational programs, curricula;
- Receive additional paid educational services;
- To take part in all research works by agreement of the research part of conferences, seminars, etc.;
- Use the material base of the University, including the library, computer labs, programs and developers of the University, visit the Palace of Students, the Sports Complex in accordance with the established procedure;
- Make your suggestions for improving educational and extracurricular activities at the University;
- Unite in trade union and other student organizations that are not of a political or religious nature;
- To be elected to the Academic Council of the University in accordance with the Regulations on the Academic Council of the University;
- To be elected to the Self-Government Student Council;
- Use the services of the canteen and food points, medical centers located at the University;
- Use gyms for free in accordance with the established procedure, engage in sports sections, creative circles;
- To be a member of any student club and creative association of the University;
- Receive moral, material and other types of achievements for success in educational and extracurricular activities.
The student is obliged:
- Comply with the requirements of the University Charter, comply with the Internal Regulations, orders and instructions for the University;
- The necessary requirements for fire safety, safety, hygiene and sanitation, the rules for living in the University dormitories are fulfilled;
- Kazakh students liable for military service in the manner prescribed by the law "On conscription and military service" and within the established time frame;
- Observe public order on the territory of the University, established by the current legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, orders and local acts of the University;
- In the premises of the University, observe a calm mode of conversation, communication and behavior, do not interfere with the study of students and the work of the University staff;
- To warn the violations of the norms of behavior by other students, about all violations of the order or the educational process to the employees of the University's security service or to the dean's office;
- Maintain cleanliness and order in all premises of the University;
- Observe discipline, the rules of mutual courtesy and respect for the teaching staff, staff of the University, security representatives;
- Take care of the material values of the University;
- Observe the rules for using computers and other electronic computing equipment, follow the information security requirements of the University;
- Observe the rules of using local catering: do not enter the dining room with outwear, use the premises for eating, keep clean and clean up used dishes, etc.;
- On the territory of the University, the student is obliged to have with him a student card or other document determined by the administration for passage in the building and premises of the University, present them at the request of the employees of the security and administration department;
- When the teacher enters the classroom, greet him; during training sessions, enter and leave the classroom only with the teacher's permission;
- Inform the dean's office of the faculty within three days from the date of leaving because of his absence from the classroom, provide the dean's office with documents confirming the good reason for the absence from the classroom. Sick leave granted to students, medical certificates from medical institutions must be registered with a medical institution of the University;
- Students studying on a contractual basis, comply with the terms of the contract;
- At the request of the administration of the University and the faculty to appear at the dean's office at the appointed time and documents are required by the administration;
- Provide, at the request of the administration, written explanations related to violations of academic discipline and behavior;
- During the educational process and during activities relate to other students based on the principles of tolerance, respect and equality;
- When participating in activities do not related educational work, follow the existing regulations for holding a specific event;
- For those who graduate, properly draw up and submit to the registrar's office a bypass sheet, student card and grade book.
5.3. STUDENTS ARE PROHIBITED:
5.3.1. Violate these Rules, the requirements of the Charter and other local organizations of the University;
5.3.2. Pass the University dormitories, student card for passage to other persons;
5.3.3. During classes, during exams and tests in classrooms, as well as during official events (conferences, seminars, round tables, meetings, etc.), use mobile communications; in these circumstances, talking on the phone, sending messages, searching the Internet, etc. is regarded as a gross violation of ethical norms of behavior.
5.3.4. Take any actions that endanger others, your own life and health;
5.3.5. When communicating with students, staff and other persons on the territory of the University, use rude expressions and conduct conversations in a raised voice, use obscene expressions, use physical force for conversations and relationships;
5.3.6. Carry out actions that interfere to the educational process;
5.3.7. Smoking in the premises and on the territory of the University;
5.3.7. Distribute, consume alcohol and alcohol-containing mixtures, narcotic and toxic substances, as well as any smoking mixture, including hookah;
5.3.8. Be in the premises and on the territory of the University in a state of alcoholic or drug intoxication;
5.3.9. Damage property and equipment, cause damage to the material base of the University;
5.3.10. Change the configuration, setting of software and hardware belonging to the University without the permission of the administration;
5.3.11. Change the completeness, arrangement and location (placement) of furniture, equipment in the premises of the University without the permission of the administration;
5.3.12. Remove property, equipment and other material values from the premises of the University without a permit issued for this;
5.3.13. Make any kind of records, erasures, corrections, changes, etc. in a student card, grade book, examination sheets, academic certificates, library card, pass, medical certificates, etc.;
5.3.14. To be in the buildings of the University after working hours (after 21.00), on weekends and holidays without the permission of the University;
5.3.15. Bring unauthorized persons with you indoors and on the territory of the University without issuing one-time passes;
5.3.16. Advocate verbally, in writing or using electronic means of a religious, extremist and nationalist nature;
5.3.17. To carry on the territory of the University, store and use edged weapons and firearms, including those classified as self-defense, even with a special permit to carry and store weapons;
5.3.18. Advocate to join political associations, movements, as well as act on behalf of these organizations on the territory and premises of the University;
5.3.19. Bring animals and birds to the University and hostels, as well as to the territory and classrooms;
5.3.20. To play gambling indoors and on the territory of the University.
5.4.1. For excellent academic performance, active participation in research work and student life, the following types of rewards are established for students:
- announcement of gratitude;
- rewarding with a letter of gratitude from the rector;
- rewarding with the Certificate of Honor;
- rewarding with a valuable gift;
- a letter of gratitude to parents;
- nominal scholarship;
and other types of encouragement.
5.4.2. Incentives are announced by the order of the rector, vice-rector and are communicated to the students in the group. An extract from the promotion order is kept in the student's personal file.
5.5. PUNISHMENT AND EXCLUSION FROM THE UNIVERSITY
5.5.1.In committing violations of the Charter and these Rules, one of the following disciplinary sanctions may be applied to the student:
- reprimand by the dean's office (violation of academic discipline, skipping classes);
- reprimand BY the University (violation of these Rules);
- severe reprimand by the University (in case of a repeated violation for which the reprimand was announced, or for a gross one-time violation);
- exclusion from the University.
5.5.2. If, for the purpose of deliberate actions that violate these Rules and the requirements of the University Charter, material damage is caused to the University, then the student guilty of this (or his representative in the event that the student is a minor) bears material and criminal responsibility within the framework of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
5.5.3. Prior to the application of the penalty from the student, there must be written explanations. Refusal to provide an explanation is not an obstacle to the application of a penalty.
5.5.4. Penalties are drawn up by the order of the rector, vice-rectors. The reprimands are announced by the order, or by the order of the University. A severe reprimand is issued only by order of the University.
5.5.5. A copy of the order or instruction is brought by the representative of the administration to the student against signature and is stored in the personal student, and can also be posted on the bulletin board to bring it to the attention of students. In case of refusal to sign, an act is drawn up.
After the student is given a second disciplinary sanction, the student is subject to expulsion.
5.5.6. The student is subject to expulsion for the following gross violations of the internal order:
- for gross violation of these Rules, the Rules for Residence in a Dormitory and other internal regulations of the university, including:
- for counterfeiting the signatures of a teacher, employees of the dean's office, administration and other representatives of the administration, official documents, including examination sheets, record books, student cards, passes, medical certificates;
- if he is found guilty by decision of a criminal offense;
- for inciting ethnic hatred and enmity, humiliation of human dignity;
- for offensive action, including a fight or threat to health, against teachers, employees and students;
- for storage, carrying, use or demonstration of cold weapons or firearms on the territory or in the premises of the University, even with a special permit for storage and carrying;
- for appearing at the University drunk, in a state of narcotic or toxic intoxication;
- for the use of drugs, drinking alcoholic beverages, including low alcohol drinks (for example, beer), on the territory or premises of the University; or in the case of information confirming this from the University security, law enforcement or medical authorities;
- for giving or offering to give a bribe to a teacher or employee of the University;
5.5.7. Dismissal for two gross violations is made no later than two weeks after the day the violation was discovered.
5.6.1. Students should have a neat appearance. It is forbidden to be in the premises of the University in outerwear and headdresses (for men).
5.62. The student's clothing should be formal and secular. It is unacceptable for classes and extracurricular activities to be in sportswear (except for classes in the discipline "Physical culture" and sports events).
5.63. The entrance to the sports halls of the University is allowed only in sports shoes and sportswear.
5.7. RULES OF CONDUCT AT TRAINING EVENTS
5.7.1. The student is obliged without delay to the beginning of the training event (classroom studies, test, exam, etc.).
5.7.2. The entrance of students into the classroom after the start of classes is carried out only with the permission of the teacher.
5.7.3. All classrooms and their adjoining rooms must be kept quiet and orderly, necessary for the normal course of training sessions. It is unacceptable to interrupt classes, walk and leave the classroom without the teacher's permission, use mobile communications, eat food and drinks during classes.
5.7.4. The representatives of the students are the heads of the groups. In each group, by order of the faculty dean's office, a headman is appointed from among the most successful and disciplined students. The headman of the group reports directly to the dean, communicates to the students of his group all his orders and instructions.
The head of the group carries out:
- execution of instructions of the administration related to the organization of educational and extracurricular work;
- informing student groups about events held at the University;
- personal registration of all types of events for students;
- observation of the state of the academic discipline in the group during lectures and practical exercises;
- notification of students about changes made to the schedule of training events;
- timely organization and distribution of handouts, teaching aids, etc. among students;
- interaction with the trade union of the University.
5.7.5. The orders of the headman in the indicated functions are obligatory for all studying groups.
5.8. RULES OF CONDUCT FOR EXTRAORDINARY EVENTS
5.7.1. The student is obliged without delay to the beginning of the extracurricular activities (curatorial hours, conferences, seminars, meetings, round tables, meetings, etc.).
5.7.2. Silence and order must be observed during extracurricular activities. It is unacceptable during the event to walk and leave the hall or audience where the event is held, to use mobile communications.
5.7.3. Upon entering the hall or audience of invited guests, students should greet them. At the end of the event, students do not leave their seats before the guest leaving the hall or classroom.
5.9. CONSIDERATION OF APPEALS OF STUDENTS
5.9.1. Consideration of applications from students takes place in person at reception hours on the basis of an application issued by them to the name of the dean, head of the department, supervising vice-rector or rector, which sets out the essence of the issue with specific facts, the specified date and signature.
5.9.2. Consideration of appeals, student representatives performs, to whom this application is sent. In case of dissatisfaction of the applicant with his requirements, he has the right to send his application to a higher representative of the administration. Anonymous appeals are not considered.
5.9.3. Personal appeal to representatives of the administration is carried out at the established office hours. The student's relatives are not authorized to resolve issues concerning students.
6. PERIOD OF VALIDITY
The rules come into force from the moment they are approved by the rector and are valid until they are abolished by an appropriate order, indicating the rector to replace them with another internal act.